Coronavirus (COVID-19) Statement
We continue to closely monitor the situation surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and are following the published recommendations of the CDC, American Academy of Ophthalmology, and American Optometric Association. Beginning May 4, we will begin seeing patients with non-urgent medical conditions at our Shawnee Mission, Overland Park, and new Belton offices.
We remain focused on the health and safety of our patients and staff, and on avoiding further spread of the virus through the implementation of the following protocols:
1) We have greatly expanded measures to disinfect our office including cleaning between each patient appointment.
2) If you have an upcoming appointment and answer YES to any of the following statements, please do not come directly to the office, but instead call us:
- Have fever, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, or loss of sense of smell or taste
- Exposure to someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- Placed in self/hospital quarantine by medical doctor
- Recent travel by you or family members to communities with high numbers of infected patients
3) We are permitting only one caregiver/driver (14 years or older) to accompany patients, if necessary.
4) If someone must accompany you to your appointment, we ask that they do not enter the office, if at all possible. If they need to accompany you inside, they must answer NO to the above-listed statements also.
5) You (and anyone who accompanies you) must wear a mask or face covering over your nose and mouth during your entire visit.
Your health and that of our staff is our guiding priority and we continue to update our protocol to ensure safety for everyone. If you have questions regarding these evolving protocols, please contact our office.